Due to the large response to the initial release of PlaylistGrabber, I have quickly revised some of the UI and functionality to bring it up to scratch with user expectations.
- Added App Icon (Green iTunes yeah close enough)
- You can now select a playlist by clicking the entire row, not just the checkbox
- PlaylistGrabber now remembers what playlists you selected last time
- You can save your progress of playlist selection by pressing “Save Selected”
- PlaylistGrabber now remembers what XML File you last used. Quick and Easy Startup.
- PlaylistGrabber skips copying files that already exist in the destination (good if you’re using a cloud service). It will however re-generate M3U Files so you will get playlist updates.
- Tableview now has pretty icons
- Tableview nests items inside folders at their level as depicted within itunes. Wish i could indent the icon too.
- “About” window updated.
- Auto build incrementing (current release is build 110)
- Automatically quits app on window close.
Things I’d Like it to do better
- Nest icons for folder indentation levels
- Delete songs when a playlist is de-selected. This could prove quite tricky
I’m pretty happy with what I have achieved over the few hours I’ve worked on this project. And after all, I’ve learnt how to program for Mac OSX.
Help Me Out
I am currently a student, studying Computer Science at the University of New South Wales, Australia. If you like this app, please consider donating – The more donations, the more incentive for me to bring new features.
You can download release 1.1 build 110 here:
- PlaylistGrabber (.app, drag to your applications folder to install, run whenever you want to enumerate music on your device)